Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  HomeHome  Arcade (Must register on the arcade)Arcade (Must register on the arcade)  

Opening Day

Go down 
+4
BravesFan4Life
redsoxfan34
Lago
Commish
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Commish
Commish
Commish

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Create A Player
Character's Name: Zach Burnette
Character's Age: 18
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Florida Marlins (R), $12,300 until 2011

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:16 am

As soon as we can get at least 20 GM spots filled, we will have Opening Day.
Back to top Go down
https://sbh2.forumotion.com
Commish
Commish
Commish

Create A Player
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Florida Marlins (R), $12,300 until 2011

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 8:59 pm

Come on everyone; I want to get this started! Refer people from message boards and other sites and people you talk to often. As soon as we get 20 teams signed up for, we'll be ready to start the simming. I am going to start some good advertising myself, but I will need help from the users of SBH. Remember, there is the "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours..." program. You will get forum cash for each person that you refer.
Back to top Go down
Lago

Lago

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Create A Player
Character's Name: Brendan Lago
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Colorado Rockies, Arbitration 2011, $20,500

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:28 am

also people on a small note.

can we all get our lineups and trade blocks and call ups/send downs ready and posted for the start of the season.

it wud make things alot easier for both us and you.

wudnt want you to start the season at a disadvantage!

thanks.
Back to top Go down
redsoxfan34

Number of posts : 303

Create A Player
Character's Name: Steve Frazee
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Washington Nationals ~ Arbitration 2011/$12,300

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:26 pm

I would but I still don't have the GO on me having the Red Sox
Back to top Go down
Commish
Commish
Commish

Create A Player

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:42 am

You do now Smile
Back to top Go down
Commish
Commish
Commish

Create A Player

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:42 am

Also... just a small bit of news, but...

WE WILL START SIMMING THIS UPCOMING MONDAY!
Back to top Go down
BravesFan4Life

Number of posts : 97

Create A Player
Character's Name: Alex Reyes
Character's Age: 21
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Kansas City Royals - $21,000 until Arb '11

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:31 am

Dude, we need the Commissioner Mode password before we do anything... Why haven't you answered any of us?
Back to top Go down
Commish
Commish
Commish

Create A Player

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Why do you need the pass for?
Back to top Go down
BravesFan4Life

Number of posts : 97

Create A Player
Character's Name: Alex Reyes
Character's Age: 21
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Kansas City Royals - $21,000 until Arb '11

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:03 pm

So we can see the actual ratings of the players... It's stupid if we have to spend money on Scouting...
Back to top Go down
redsoxfan34

Create A Player
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Washington Nationals ~ Arbitration 2011/$12,300

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:39 pm

I have to agree with Braves
Back to top Go down
Justasample

Number of posts : 252

Create A Player
Character's Name: Jay Hardy
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Florida Marlins

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:16 pm

I've thought long and hard about if i think we should get the password or not....

AND...............

I don't think we should have it.

I do think the money spent on scouting should be the same for everybody. That way we all are looking at the samething.

I real life when teams make trades they NEVER know EXACTLY what they are getting. That's what makes Trading, Free Agency, and Drafting so fun. Everybody is hoping that they have just found a diamond in the rough.
Back to top Go down
redsoxfan34

Create A Player

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 4:25 pm

that is true I guess but then whats the point of rating disputes? and he already POSTED the players true ratings so if he keeps that up he might as well give out the password...
Back to top Go down
nifty200305

Number of posts : 130

Create A Player
Character's Name: Theodoris Papaloukas
Character's Age: 20
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Pittsburgh Pirates (R), $12,300 thru 2011

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 11:33 pm

What time is the sim?
Back to top Go down
Wild Thing

Wild Thing

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Create A Player
Character's Name: Rick Vaughn
Character's Age: 16
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Cleveland Indians 4 Years at $40,000.

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 1:03 pm

I like using it to help me figure out where prospects should go. I've got one question. How do I allow my signature to show? I've got a neat Pronk banner that I want to display but it isn't coming up.
Back to top Go down
Commish
Commish
Commish

Create A Player

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 4:46 pm

I have decided that I will go ahead and have it in commish mode since most people are wanting it. In Baseball Mogul 2009 (which we could switch to when it comes out, but I'd provide the demo like in the last league, if we did switch to it, that is) there maybe a Commish Mode pass that way people can't edit things (like the simmers), while the scouting would be -0/+0... A.K.A. - Perfect Scouting.

About the banner, Wild Thing... What does it say when you try to post ithe banner? How big is it? What is the size in KB? What is the file type? (JPEG, GIF, etc...).
Back to top Go down
TwinsGM

TwinsGM

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Create A Player
Character's Name: Jason Davenport
Character's Age: 20
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Minnesota Twins $12,300 Arb'11

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:44 pm

Doesn't matter if we have the password as long as the commish saves the only "uncorruptable" file and keeps a backup that is never messed with following each sim.

I wanted to sim to see how good/bad my team was and I couldn't even swap my line-up without the password.
Back to top Go down
Wild Thing

Wild Thing

Create A Player
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Cleveland Indians 4 Years at $40,000.

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:38 am

Commish wrote:
About the banner, Wild Thing... What does it say when you try to post ithe banner? How big is it? What is the size in KB? What is the file type? (JPEG, GIF, etc...).

This is the image:

Opening Day T_hafner

It appears in my signature tab when I click save. Just not in my posts.
Back to top Go down
Lago

Lago

Create A Player
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Colorado Rockies, Arbitration 2011, $20,500

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:01 am

Wild Thing wrote:
Commish wrote:

This is the image:

Opening Day T_hafner

It appears in my signature tab when I click save. Just not in my posts.

go to profile edit thing -> preferences -> Always attach my signature : Y/N change it from no to yes.

however itll only come up on posts you post after u change not, not on previous posts so after you change it post here or something and it comes up it works. but it wont appear on previous posts. only ones from now on
Back to top Go down
Wild Thing

Wild Thing

Create A Player

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:19 pm

That's the ticket!
Back to top Go down
Commish
Commish
Commish

Create A Player

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:11 pm

Thanks a lot Lago!
Back to top Go down
Lago

Lago

Create A Player

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:42 pm

glad i was able to help.

the same thing happened 2 me.
Back to top Go down
redsoxfan34

Create A Player

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:39 pm

i thought it did appear on the previous posts
Back to top Go down
Lago

Lago

Create A Player

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:47 pm

nah.

if u look at the 1st post u ever did on the signup thread, it isnt there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Day   Opening Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opening Day
Page 1 of 1