Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  HomeHome  Arcade (Must register on the arcade)Arcade (Must register on the arcade)  

The SBH2 Times

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Commish
Commish
Commish

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Create A Player
Character's Name: Zach Burnette
Character's Age: 18
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Florida Marlins (R), $12,300 until 2011

The SBH2 Times Empty
PostSubject: The SBH2 Times   The SBH2 Times Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:40 am

Keep in mind, that these are projections RIGHT NOW, with how the current lineups are. So, due to resignings, or lineup changes, the projected record and/or overall are subject to change. I also added in (within the *'s), what I am thinking that a team's record will be, depending they make some moves, or don't.

Here are the projected records, and overall for all MLB teams if they left their team how it is right now:

Arizona Diamondbacks: 89-73: 97 Overall *Fair enough*
Atlanta Braves: 91-71: 97 Overall *Fair enough*
Baltimore Orioles: 71-91: 85 Overall *Less wins, maybe around 65 or so*
Boston Red Sox: 89-73: 98 Overall *More wins, maybe around 95*
Chicago Cubs: 87-75: 96 Overall *Less wins, maybe around 85*
Chicago White Sox: 74-88: 89 Overall *More wins, around 80*
Cincinnati Reds: 79-83: 85 Overall *Fair enough*
Cleveland Indians: 85-77: 97 Overall *More wins, around 90 or so*
Colorado Rockies: 76-86: 86 Overall *More wins, around 85 or so*
Detroit Tigers: 84-78: 97 Overall *More wins, around 95 or so*
Florida Marlins: 89-73: 85 Overall *Less wins, around 80*
Houston Astros: 69-93: 83 Overall *More wins, around 80*
Kansas City Royals: 69-93: 84 Overall *Fair enough*
Los Angeles Angels: 87-75: 97 Overall *More wins, around 92*
Los Angeles Dodgers: 89-73: 94 Overall *More wins, around 92 or so*
Milwaukee Brewers: 80-82: 91 Overall *Fair enough*
Minnesota Twins: 87-75: 97 Overall *More wins, around 95 or so*
New York Mets: 81-81: 89 Overall *More wins, around 88 or so*
New York Yankees: 90-72: 98 Overall *More wins, around 93 or so*
Oakland Athletics: 92-70: 98 Overall *Less wins, around 88 or so*
Philadelphia Pillies: 77-85: 88 Overall *More wins, around 85 or so*
Pittsburgh Pirates: 86-76: 96 Overall *Less wins, around 75 or so*
San Diego Padres: 81-81: 92 Overall *Less wins, around 75 or so*
San Francisco Giants: 64-98: 73 Overall *Way more wins, around 80 or more*
Seattle Mariners: 74-88: 85 Overall *Fair enough*
St. Louis Cardinals: 85-77: 93 Overall *Fair enough*
Tampa Bay Devil Rays: 80-82: 93 Overall *More wins around 90*
Texas Rangers: 73-89: 84 Overall *Fair enough*
Toronto Blue Jays: 79-83: 91 Overall *More wins, around 85 or so*
Washington Nationals: 72-90: 80 Overall *More wins, around 76 or so*
Back to top Go down
https://sbh2.forumotion.com
Commish
Commish
Commish

Create A Player
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Florida Marlins (R), $12,300 until 2011

The SBH2 Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SBH2 Times   The SBH2 Times Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:33 pm

ZB's Top 10:

To all teams not on my list; I am sorry. These are just my best predictions that I can give. I hope that I get proven wrong if you were left off the list, so you can say that you told me so Razz

Outsider Looking In: New York Mets - The Mets should be very good and should challenge for the NL East. I just aint sold on them yet, but maybe they will have a chip on their shoulder and really have a great year. Carlos Beltran, David Wright, Jose Reyes, Tori Hunter, Carlos Delgado, John Maine, Billy Wagner, and Jose Valverde is too much to ignore, though, so I had to put them in somehow.

10. Los Angeles Angels The Los Angeles Angels are a very interesting team. They seem to have some good pitching, good hitting, and good defense. They just don't have a huge power bat, other than Vlad, and he isn't a great home run hitter. I think that if they stay healthy, and maybe get a good bat, we should see them in the post season after winning the AL West.

9. Cleveland Reds - Cleveland could be a very good team, or just a good one. They didn't make any moves, nor did they change much up. They have a good rotation, and a solid lineup, with awesome defense, but nothing really stands out. I for one, just can't count them out, though. They will be in it all the way till the end riding the arms of C.C. Sabathia and Fausto Carmona. They will also ride the bats of Grady Sizemore, Travis Hafner, Victor Martinez, and Jhonny Peralta.

8. Florida Marlins - Florida is a VERY young team without much veteran leadership. They traded stars - Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis to DET for a ton of prospects. They look for some young guys to step in and make an instant impact. Their SP rotation is finally healthy this year, and they seem to have upgraded their bullpen. They have a good lineup full of young rising stars. They surprised a lot of people last year, and look to do the same this year. I for one, am a believer. Looking at their rock solid roster, I can see some studs in the making.

7. Atlanta Braves - Atlanta is a very young team with some veteran leadership. They lost their setup man in Mike Gonzalez, but look to be able to replace him possibly with Peter Moylan or Oscar Villarreal. Atlanta has a nice 1-2 combo in Tim Hudson and John Smoltz. They have a very solid lineup that is young, with some veteran leadership. I really can't see the Braves out of the playoffs this year, but you can bet that they get challenged by the likes of the New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, and Florida Marlins.

6. New York Yankees - The reigning AL East Champs are back with a vengeance. They really faltered down the stretch of the season after leading the Red Sox by more then 10 games near or at the beginning of the last month of the season. They only ended up winning by a tie breaker that went to the Yankees. The Yankees look better than last year, in a way, but in another way, they do not. What is missing from this team? 2 things... Carlos Pena! He wanted the test the market, and the Yankees didn't want to pay as much as the Red Sox were willing to pay. The Yankees are now looking at a still potent, and very dangerous lineup, but not as good as last years. The other thing that the Yankees are still missing is a good lead off hitter. Aging OF - Johnny Damon didn't get the job done last year, but came into Spring Training with more muscle and less weight, and seemed more conditioned. If that young rotation can stay healthy, the Yankees are in for another great season.

5. Los Angeles Dodgers - The reigning NL Champs are back, and as good or better than last year's edition. Some say they are still the class of the NL, others (like I), say that the Diamondbacks have surpassed them, but NOT BY MUCH! I look for the NL West to have at the very least 3 contenders, and possibly all 5. I could see the Dodgers and Diamondbacks really battling each other for the division, and Colorado, San Fran, and San Diego challenging. The Dodgers didn't add much, expect replacement players in case of injury. If this young Dodgers team can stay healthy and consistent, I think that the Dodgers will again challenge for the NL Crown.

4. Arizona Diamondbacks - Arizona definitely has the pitching to win it all this year. They added Erik Bedard, Joe Nathan, and Takauki Sasaki. They also added impact players in Brian Roberts and Lastings Milledge. They have some bats, maybe not the most dangerous lineup, but a very good one. This team should be one to watch in 2008.

3. Minnesota Twins - Minnesota, fresh off of a World Series have the lineup and pitching. Their bullpen is good, and their defense is great. All around, they are possibly the best team. They aren't the absolute best in any certain area, though. They added Joe Crede to be their 3B, and we all know what he can do when healthy, defensively, and offensively. It could be a huge risk, but also a huge reward. There are however, 2 major impact players that are missing from last year's team in Tori Hunter, and Joe Nathan.

2. Detroit Tigers - Detroit has possibly a better lineup than Boston, and that is tough to say. They have Granderson, Polanco, Maggs, Miggy, Dukes, Guillen, etc... Their only question mark is at closer, and the rest of the bullpen. Their GM was very aggressive this off season going after Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis, and Johan Santana, as well as hitting the FA market hard.

1. Boston Red Sox - Boston has it all. Their lineup is stacked, with potential all stars at every position. They have 2 aces in Beckett, and Kazmir, though Kaz has disappointed BOS fans in his BOS career, thus far. Boston has an elite bullpen, and an aggressive GM who will make the right moves to win now. Boston added big bat, Carlos Pena, and reliable reliever, Brian Fuentes. Look for Boston to have the best record in all of baseball this year.
Back to top Go down
Justasample

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Create A Player
Character's Name: Jay Hardy
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Florida Marlins

The SBH2 Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SBH2 Times   The SBH2 Times Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 12:02 pm

#2 what?!?! #2 is only the 1st loser!!! Commish you have no idea what you are talking about!! Very Happy

GO DETROIT!

P.s Thanks for this write up commish, i think you did a great job and it give us users something to read/look foward to. "Who will live up to expectations? Who will blow it? Who will be this years Twins?"
Back to top Go down
Commish
Commish
Commish

Create A Player

The SBH2 Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SBH2 Times   The SBH2 Times Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:00 pm

Lol, I had a really tough time choosing between DET and BOS. I just flipped a coin.
Back to top Go down
Lago

Lago

Number of posts : 593

Create A Player
Character's Name: Brendan Lago
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Colorado Rockies, Arbitration 2011, $20,500

The SBH2 Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SBH2 Times   The SBH2 Times Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:55 pm

Commish wrote:
Lol, I had a really tough time choosing between DET and BOS. I just flipped a coin.

LOL nice
Back to top Go down
redsoxfan34

Number of posts : 303

Create A Player
Character's Name: Steve Frazee
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Washington Nationals ~ Arbitration 2011/$12,300

The SBH2 Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SBH2 Times   The SBH2 Times Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:17 pm

lol flipping a coin always works great and I mean great write up!
Back to top Go down
Lago

Lago

Number of posts : 593

Create A Player
Character's Name: Brendan Lago
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Colorado Rockies, Arbitration 2011, $20,500

The SBH2 Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SBH2 Times   The SBH2 Times Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:22 am

im surprised the giants arnt in that list, they added some strong bats to their lineup and snagged some good FA players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The SBH2 Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SBH2 Times   The SBH2 Times Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The SBH2 Times
Page 1 of 1