Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  HomeHome  Arcade (Must register on the arcade)Arcade (Must register on the arcade)  

Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Commish
Commish
Commish

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Create A Player
Character's Name: Zach Burnette
Character's Age: 18
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Florida Marlins (R), $12,300 until 2011

Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference Empty
PostSubject: Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference   Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:17 pm

*You walk in and see a room full of reporters from all across the United States. You see GM - Brian Cashman, Owner - Zach Burnette, Manager Joe Girardi, and newly acquired slugger - Carlos Lee.*

GM Brian Cashman: I will now take questions.

Reporter 1: Mr. Cashman, why exactly did you make this move to get Carlos Lee?

GM Brian Cashman: Well, we felt that with how weak our pitching is, and how little pitching there is on the open market, we felt that we needed to make a move to get another slugger. Plus, with the reports surfacing out of Boston about the Red Sox close to getting [Scott] Kazmir... you can never be too careful.

Reporter 2: So, was this mostly a knee jerk reaction to the possibility of Kazmir getting traded to the Bosox?

GM Brian Cashman: Not at all. It made us think a little more, but we were in the market for another slugger if a pitcher couldn't be found.

(Owner) Zach Burnette: I will now take questions.

Reporter 3: How does this financially impact the Yankees? And aren't you just buying success?

(Owner) Zach Burnette: Well, as you know, the Yankees are the richest team in baseball, and we are willing to spend to win. We aren't 'buying' our team, but just improving it. If you consider what we do [trading for players, signing players] 'buying' a team then I guess every team is bought.

Reporter 4: Does this make the New York Yankees favorites?

(Owner) Zach Burnette: I'm not sure about "favorites", but we are certainly in contention and have to be considered a top team for sure now.

(Manager) Joe Girardi: I will now take questions.

Reporter 5: Joe, what do you think about this move?

(Manager) Joe Girardi: Well, obviously, I am thrilled. I get another big time slugger who can really hit. He will help us out a lot.

Reporter 6: Joe, how do you think [Carlos] Lee will fit the Yankees?

(Manager) Joe Girardi: I think that Carlos [Lee] will only make this team better in every other way. We didn't give up any immediate impact players for him other than Kei, but Carlos [Lee] will make such a big impact, I think we have a real shot at a title. He will be a perfect fit.

Carlos Lee's Agent: Carlos Lee will now take questions.

Reporter 7: What do you think about this trade to the Yankees, Carlos [Lee]?

Carlos Lee: Well, I move from a great organization in Houston to another great organization in the New York Yankees. I loved Houston, and I think they have a real shot to make the playoffs this year, even without me. I am glad that they were able to get so much back for me. But don't get me wrong... I consider myself a Yankee now. I will miss the likes of Roy Oswalt, and Craig Biggio, along with Wandy Rodriguez, but I can't wait to bond with the likes of Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Carlos Pena, and Bobby Abreu.

*Everyone gets up from the podium*

Reporters: Thank you guys for your time!
Back to top Go down
https://sbh2.forumotion.com
Lago

Lago

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Create A Player
Character's Name: Brendan Lago
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Colorado Rockies, Arbitration 2011, $20,500

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference   Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:54 pm

nice.

Lee should really improve your offence.
Back to top Go down
Commish
Commish
Commish

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Create A Player
Character's Name: Zach Burnette
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Florida Marlins (R), $12,300 until 2011

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference   Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:27 pm

Yes he should... especially with A-Rod out for a month.
Back to top Go down
https://sbh2.forumotion.com
Lago

Lago

Number of posts : 593

Create A Player
Character's Name: Brendan Lago
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Colorado Rockies, Arbitration 2011, $20,500

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference   Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:54 pm

oh i remember reading that in the headlines, i had a little laugh Razz
Back to top Go down
Justasample

Number of posts : 252

Create A Player
Character's Name: Jay Hardy
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Florida Marlins

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference   Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 12:14 am

nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference   Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carlos Lee joining the Yankees: Press Conference
Page 1 of 1