Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  HomeHome  Arcade (Must register on the arcade)Arcade (Must register on the arcade)  

Forms or Forums?

Go down 
+3
Lago
BravesFan4Life
Commish
7 posters

Right now we have Forms and Forums; Should we use the Forms or the Forums to submit things?
Forms
Forms or Forums? Vote_lcap0%Forms or Forums? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Forums
Forms or Forums? Vote_lcap25%Forms or Forums? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Both
Forms or Forums? Vote_lcap75%Forms or Forums? Vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
Other (Please post)
Forms or Forums? Vote_lcap0%Forms or Forums? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Commish
Commish
Commish

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Create A Player
Character's Name: Zach Burnette
Character's Age: 18
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Florida Marlins (R), $12,300 until 2011

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:42 pm

What do the members of SimBaseballHouse like better? The Forms or the Forums?

The Forms can be found around the league logo. It starts with "Apply for a team" and ends with "Resign a player from your team." So, what's better? Submitting everything using the forms, or just posting it on the forums?

Pros and Cons of using Forms; Pros: Possibly easier to use. Faster, and saves time. Cons: Looks like less activity, as there won't be as many posts. Less communication/More isolation of members. Guests may get discouraged of the lack of posts or lack of communication amongst members.

Pros and cons of using the Forums; Pros: More communication amongst members. Original/traditional way. If it aint broke, don't fix it (as in, it works). Shows guests that we are an active forum. Cons: More time consuming. Maybe less user friendly, as some members don't have as much time, so can't fill everything out every few days or so.

So, what does everyone think? Please vote, and leave a comment, if you wish.
Back to top Go down
https://sbh2.forumotion.com
BravesFan4Life

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Create A Player
Character's Name: Alex Reyes
Character's Age: 21
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Kansas City Royals - $21,000 until Arb '11

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:49 pm

Is there anyway you can get the forms to post in the forums? If so, that would be a great way of doing it.
Back to top Go down
Commish
Commish
Commish

Create A Player
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Florida Marlins (R), $12,300 until 2011

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:02 pm

I actually tried that, as I was wanting to do that in the first place. I will have to work on it.
Back to top Go down
Lago

Lago

Number of posts : 593

Create A Player
Character's Name: Brendan Lago
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Colorado Rockies, Arbitration 2011, $20,500

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:11 pm

well if i had to choose, i wud choose forums, i just find it easier for me personally.

however i believe if some people wish for forms to be used, just have both, and people can use whichever one suits them best.
Back to top Go down
redsoxfan34

Number of posts : 303

Create A Player
Character's Name: Steve Frazee
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Washington Nationals ~ Arbitration 2011/$12,300

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 pm

I say both because for some things forms are easier, but for other things like lineups, forums are easier
Back to top Go down
Justasample

Number of posts : 252

Create A Player
Character's Name: Jay Hardy
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Florida Marlins

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Both
Back to top Go down
TMan

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Create A Player
Character's Name: Logan Tear
Character's Age: 17
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: San Francisco Giants (R), $12,300 thru 2011

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:41 pm

I voted both as there are uses for both systems. It would be great though if you were able to find a way to get the Forms to post into the Forums.
Back to top Go down
Commish
Commish
Commish

Create A Player

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Yeah, I think I will do that, since most users like that idea.
Back to top Go down
redsoxfan34

Number of posts : 303

Create A Player
Character's Name: Steve Frazee
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Washington Nationals ~ Arbitration 2011/$12,300

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:28 pm

TMan wrote:
I voted both as there are uses for both systems. It would be great though if you were able to find a way to get the Forms to post into the Forums.
O I thought they already did that
Back to top Go down
Lago

Lago

Create A Player
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Colorado Rockies, Arbitration 2011, $20,500

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:43 pm

nah not yet.
Back to top Go down
Rambo

Number of posts : 145

Create A Player
Character's Name: Michael Johnson
Characters current team and yrs/salary per year: Baltimore Orioles

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:19 am

I voted for both, they each have specific pros and cons.
Back to top Go down
Lago

Lago

Create A Player

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:39 am

ok im changing my vote 2 both, i contradicted myself in a way, i shuda just chosen both instead of sayin it shud b both and voting for forums lol.

so its 100% at both atm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forms or Forums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forms or Forums?   Forms or Forums? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forms or Forums?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SBH :: News and Announcements :: Archives :: Announcement Archives-
Jump to: